Here’s a great meal for asparagus season! Prep, cooking and clean-up times are all super-quick. I served it alongside a beet and arugula salad. For a heartier meal, try it over quinoa or pasta – double the vinaigrette recipe and toss the extra vinaigrette with the quinoa.
Oven-Roasted Shrimp & Asparagus
Published on October 12, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots (about half a shallot)
- 3 + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound medium-thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed (an average-size bunch)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled
- 1/3 cup shaved Pecorino Romano (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Grate the zest from the lemon into a small bowl. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the same bowl - it should be about 3 tablespoons. Add the shallots to the lemon juice bowl, then gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3. Toss the asparagus with 2 more tablespoons olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Spread the asparagus on one side of the baking sheet, separating the spears. Roast until they turn a brighter shade of green, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile in a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the half the lemon and olive oil mixture. Remove the pan from the oven and arrange the shrimp on the empty side. Spoon the remaining lemon and olive oil mixture over the asparagus. Return to the oven and roast until the shrimp are almost opaque throughout and the asparagus are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Serve immediately, with a little shaved Pecorino, if using.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..