African Peanut Stew
Published on March 14, 2017 | By |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup + ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans red beans ie adzuki or pinto, rinsed & drained
- 1 bunch kale, stems diced and leaves sliced (separate leaves and stems)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for about 7 minutes. Add ½ cup of the peanuts, salt and pepper and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- 2. Add the vegetable stock, sweet potatoes, kale stems, tomatoes and red beans. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 3. Add kale leaves and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are done.
- 4. Add peanut butter and stir until combined.
- 5. Garnish each serving with the remaining ¼ cup peanuts.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..