Basic Vegetable Broth
Published on November 14, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- 1 quart (4 cups)
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, quartered (don’t bother to peel)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves (don’t bother to peel)
- 10 parsley sprigs
- 1 potato, cut into chunks (optional)
- Kombu, ½ stick (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1. Combine everything in a small stockpot with 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Then adjust the heat so the mixture simmers steadily but gently and cook covered for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Strain, then taste and adjust the seasoning before using or storing.
- Recipe Type : Dairy Free, Dinner, Lunch, Soups & Stews, Vegetarian
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.