Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salad with Avocado and Lime
Published on August 20, 2016 | By |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 4 ears of corn, roasted
- 2 fifteen-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (@ 3 cups), halved
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
- 2 avocados (do not add them until you’re ready to serve and eat the salad)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 large or 4 small limes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 1. Roast corn: Pre-heat grill. Shuck and clean corn. Don't worry about getting every last stray piece of silk—they'll burn away on the grill anyway. Place the corn directly over a very hot fire and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes total. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 2. Chop onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and cilantro/parsley; add to a large mixing bowl.
- 3. Cut kernels from corn cobs and add to bowl with veggies.
- 4. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- 5. Pour dressing over vegetables. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for an hour or more before serving.
- 6. Right before serving, cube avocados and add to salad.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..