Healthful comfort food to the rescue! You will not make this just one time. I can pretty much guarantee it.
Cauliflower Mash aka Faux Mashed Potatoes
Published on August 20, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Fill a large pot with an inch or two of water. Place a steamer insert in the pot, cover with a lid, and put the pot on a burner set on high.
- 2. While waiting for the water to boil, wash and trim the cauliflower. Cut up the florets. Don't worry about how everything looks—it'll all get pulverized later in the food processor.
- 3. Once the water in the pot is boiling, throw in the cauliflower florets and garlic. Salt everything liberally.
- 4. Replace the lid and steam everything until soft (about 10 minutes).
- 5. Drain everything into a colander, and then dump it all into food processor or high-powered blender. Season with some fresh cracked pepper. Add the coconut oil.
- 6. Process everything until smooth. You may need to stop midway and use a fork to press down larger chunks. Taste and season to keep your palate happy.
- Servings : 6
- Recipe Type : Dairy Free, Dinner, Gluten Free, Side-dish, Vegetables, Vegetarian
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.