This decadent, nutrient-dense chocolate cake happens to be grain, dairy and refined sugar-free. If you want a chocolate-y treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth but won’t put you on a sugar roller coaster, here it is.
Published on June 22, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 cake
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (4.6 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (sub cashew butter)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (totally optional, but the added crunch is delightful)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- 2. Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with the 'S' blade and process until combined, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- 3. Pour batter into the pan. Stir in cacao nibs, if using.
- 4. Spread batter evenly with the spatula.
- 5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..