Doesn’t get much better than this – a nutrient dense, chocolate snack that won’t stoke sugar cravings but will satisfy a sweet tooth! Raw cacao is known to have the highest amount of antioxidants of any food on the planet. AND you can whip them up in just 15 minutes. I prefer them frozen, it gives them a really great fudge-y texture.
Published on August 18, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- Makes about 20 one-inch truffles
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (or coconut butter)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1. Grind almond in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- 2. In a large bowl mix ground almonds with salt and cacao powder until thoroughly combined. Add all other ingredients and combine well by using the backside of a rubber spatula to ‘smash’ and mix.
- 3. Form into little balls. If it is not sticky enough, add a bit more coconut oil. Roll in shredded coconut if you’d like.
- 4. Refrigerate or freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..