This is NOT your grandmother’s three bean salad. Far from it. Balsamic + maple syrup + Dijon = magic + divine yumminess. This salad tastes even better the second day. It works with any combination of beans and vegetables. I throw in whatever is in season and I have on hand – cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, cannellini beans, basil – it’s all great with the magically divine, yummy dressing. Cut up cooked chicken would be another great addition. This recipe makes a lot of bean salad, enough for 6 servings, as a main course; halve it if you’d like less.
Flavor Bomb Three Bean Salad
Published on August 18, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 2 (fifteen ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 (fifteen ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups snap beans, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, grated (optional, but worth the effort)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all beans, bell pepper, onion and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- 3. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 5. Refrigerate for at least a couple hours before serving for best flavor.
- Recipe Type : Beans & Lentils, Dairy Free, Dinner, Gluten Free, Lunch, Salads, Side-dish, Vegetarian
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.