If you’re avoiding or reducing grains, this dish will be a good source of complex carbs for you. Root vegetables will help reduce carb and sugar cravings.
Smashed Root Roast
Published on November 14, 2015 | By |0 Comments
- (5 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 2 parsnips
- 2 small turnips (peel if large)
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 3-5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- A few glugs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cut first five ingredients into ½ inch pieces and place in roasting pan. Cut the carrots a bit smaller than the rest of the vegetables so they cook at the same rate.
- 3. Add onion and garlic to roasting pan.
- 4. Drizzle olive oil over all & mix well. Vegetables should be generously coated with oil.
- 5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6. Bake 30 minutes, then stir the veggies and finish cooking (about another 30 minutes, or until very tender when pierced with a fork. This will depend on how big the veggie pieces are). Taste them at this point and add salt if necessary.
- 7. Remove from oven and loosen the vegetables that have become stuck to the pan.
- Recipe Type : Dinner, Gluten Free, Side-dish, Vegetables, Vegetarian
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.