Zucchini and Tomato Towers with Macadamia Ricotta & Basil-Pistachio Pesto
Published on July 5, 2017 | By |
- 30 towers
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into very thin rounds
- 4 large Plum or small beefsteak tomatoes, sliced to 1/4"
- Basil Pistachio Pesto
- Macadamia Ricotta Cheese
- Small handful of chiffonade basil leaves (optional but looks pretty)
- Macadamia Nut Ricotta Cheese Ingredients
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup water
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast (optional – gives a cheesey flavor)
- Basil Pistachio Pesto Ingredients
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 packed cups basil leaves
- @ 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Macadamia Nut Ricotta Cheese Recipe: a) Soak the nuts for a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 12 hours. Rinse and drain. b) Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and combine until a ricotta-like consistency is achieved. The amount of water used will depend on the strength of the processor. You’re looking for a texture that is smooth but not watery.
- 2. Basil-Pistachio Pesto: a) Process pistachios, garlic and salt in a food processor until broken down. b) Add basil leaves and process again, while slowly drizzling olive oil into the food processor. You’ll need to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl a couple times.
- 3. Assembly: a) Spread a tablespoon of ricotta on a tomato slice. b) Place a spoonful of pesto in center of ricotta c) Layer 1 zucchini slice on top. d) Top with a drop more of pesto and chiffonade basil.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..