Zuppa Toscana (Instant Pot)
Published on December 11, 2017 | By |
- (4.4 /5)
- (2 Rating)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb loose Italian Sausage (pork, turkey or chicken)
- 1 ½ lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into ½” inch chunks (about 4 med/lg potatoes)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel
- 3-4 cups chopped fresh kale, (stems removed & discarded) (@1 bunch)
- ½-1 cup full fat coconut milk, coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Select sauté function on your Instant Pot. Sauté chopped onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Add in garlic and sausage. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Select cancel on your instant pot. If using pork sausage, drain any grease.
- 3. Add to Instant Pot: chicken broth, potatoes, basil, fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- 4. Secure the lid. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Use a quick release. Remove the lid and throw kale in. Stir for a few minutes until kale begins to wilt. Add in coconut milk or heavy cream.
- 5. Season with crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
Holistic health coach and self-taught cook with a focus on nutrient-dense, whole food that is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and mostly dairy-free.Read more about this chef..